KNEC is advertising a job vacancy for an Accounts Assistant in its November 2023 massive recruitment.
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will be to assist in:
- Preparing journals/vouchers and payments;
- Responding to queries from contracted professionals;
- Maintaining voucher movement registers;
- Verifying and batching invoices and payment vouchers;
- Reconciling vendor statements;
- Maintaining project files, records;
- Delivering and collecting instructions to and from the bank.
- Preparing bank and fees reconciliation
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Diploma in Accountancy or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA);
- Member of ICPAK;
- Demonstrated merit in work performance;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution for successful applicants.
Key Competencies, Skills and Attitude
- Planning skills;
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Team player
How to Apply and Job Requirements
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should fill and submit the Application for Employment Form KNEC 2A – (External applicants) and Application for Employment Form KNEC 2B – (Internal applicants), an application letter, accompanied by certified copies of academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of daytime telephone contact, e-mail address, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of three referees, on or before 21st November, 2023 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya National Examinations Council
New Mitihani House, South C
P.O Box 73598-00200
- The Council will only contact the shortlisted candidates and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification;
- Successful applicants offered employment will be required to submit clearance under Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya;
- KNEC Grade 2 and Grade 3 positions are on 5 year contract terms of service and renewal is subject to performance;
- KNEC is an Equal opportunity Employer and People Living with Disability, and female candidates are encouraged to apply.