Massive Recruitment at KNEC November 2023, Deputy Director, Internal Audit, Information Communication and Technology Officer Officer Job in Kenya
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:
- Initiating the review of the Internal Audit policy documents to conform with the prevailing professional standards and regulations;
- Ensuring that audit activities are carried out as per the professional guidelines and audit policies;
- Initiating development of new initiatives aimed at improving internal audit
- Operational efficiencies and managing the risk-based annual audit work plans to cover all activities of the Council.
- Co-ordinating the review of audit programs to ensure that they test the relevant internal controls and are in compliance with the international auditing standards;
- Interacting with senior management to ensure their involvement in agreeing with the audit recommendations for areas of high risk;
- Examining and evaluating the adequacy, effectiveness and reliability of the
- Council’s financial and operating systems;
- Coordinating and ensuring quality control of the audit activities to ensure that the audit objectives are met and that the audit professional standards are maintained at all times;
- Coordinating and conducting audits (where necessary) and hold all entry and exit audit meetings/sessions of each audit assignment with the auditees;
- Evaluating the risk management processes and giving reasonable assurance to the management and the Council that all key business risks are being mitigated to acceptable levels.
- Coordinating audit efforts with the external auditors to avoid duplication;
- Preparing audit findings, recommendations and management comments and present to the management and audit committee quarterly.
- Designing a follow-up mechanism on all audits done to ensure that the agreed audit recommendations are implemented within the given timeframe.
- Managing the audit team performance through performance planning, coaching, mentoring and appraisals.
- Managing the training of the audit team to ensure they develop the skills and competencies required for professional career progression.
- Nurturing the team-building spirit among the auditors and implementing succession planning in the department.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- At least twelve (12) years cumulative relevant work experience, five (5) of which should have served at management level;
- Masters’ Degree in any of the following: Auditing, Business Administration majoring in Finance or Accounting or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors’ Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Business Management (Accounting Option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK);
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA);
- Demonstrated merit in work performance;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution for successful applicants.
Key Competencies, skills and attitudes
- Strategic thinking;
- Analytical skills;
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Managerial skills and ability to lead teams;
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills;
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Team player; and
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should fill and submit the Application for Employment Form KNEC 2A – (External applicants) and Application for Employment Form KNEC 2B – (Internal applicants), an application letter, accompanied by certified copies of academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of daytime telephone contact, e-mail address, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of three referees, on or before 21st November, 2023 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya National Examinations Council
New Mitihani House, South C
P.O Box 73598-00200
- The Council will only contact the shortlisted candidates and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification;
- Successful applicants offered employment will be required to submit clearance under Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya;
- KNEC Grade 2 and Grade 3 positions are on 5 year contract terms of service and renewal is subject to performance;
- KNEC is an Equal opportunity Employer and People Living with Disability, and female candidates are encouraged to apply.