The duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Developing, testing and implementing software applications according to instructions and specifications;
- Providing end-user support and training;
- Maintaining and repairing computer hardware and optical mark reader equipment;
- Monitoring the performance of systems and assisting with the identification of potential issues and proposing solutions;
- Reporting any incidences and faults; and
- Contributing to the development of reference materials and assisting ICT end-users with the maintenance of documentation on system configurations and technical processes.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Diploma in Computer Science/Information Communication Technology, Electronics Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution for successful applicants.
(c) Key Competencies, skills and attitudes
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Team player;
- Result oriented.
How to apply and job requirements
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should fill and submit the Application for Employment Form KNEC 2A – (External applicants) and Application for Employment Form KNEC 2B – (Internal applicants), an application letter, accompanied by certified copies of academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of daytime telephone contact, e-mail address, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of three referees, on or before 21st November, 2023 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya National Examinations Council
New Mitihani House, South C
P.O Box 73598-00200
- The Council will only contact the shortlisted candidates and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification;
- Successful applicants offered employment will be required to submit clearance under Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya;
- KNEC Grade 2 and Grade 3 positions are on 5 year contract terms of service and renewal is subject to performance;
- KNEC is an Equal opportunity Employer and People Living with Disability, and female candidates are encouraged to apply.