The KNEC is hiring an individual who will fill the position of an ICT officer with the following job specifications and qualifications.
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail: –
- Designing, developing, testing and implementing of software solutions as per user requirements;
- Providing technical expertise for requirements analysis to enhance the quality of system design;
- Installing, configuring and maintaining ICT systems;
- Liaising with vendors on installation, configuration and maintenance of applications, network systems and infrastructure;
- Providing user support and training;
- Maintaining and configuring systems and databases;
- Devising and implementing measures to enhance safety, security and accountability for ICT systems and infrastructure;
- Undertaking repairs and maintenance of ICT equipment and associated peripherals;
- Drawing specifications for ICT equipment;
- Receiving, verifying and installing ICT equipment;
- Analyzing and reporting on the performance of assigned systems and applications to guide owners in the development of business cases for necessary upgrades;
- Developing, reviewing and maintaining support documentation to assist end-users with restoring services;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to provide technical support while monitoring, analyzing and reporting on systems performance;
- Contributing to building capacity within the ICT technical team and ensuring effective knowledge sharing and mentorship.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of network, system and application security solutions to highlight areas of non-compliance and inform the development of improved practices and processes;
- Managing the allocation of access privileges of users to ensure appropriate security settings are applied as per organization policies and application owner-defined parameters;
- Investigating security breaches to guide the refinement of information security policies and practices;
- Providing virus protection defenses, reviewing information systems for breaches in security and securing servers from unauthorized use;
- Monitoring data transactions in and out of a network environment.
For appointment to this position, an officer must have:
- At least four (4) years cumulative relevant work experience;
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Communication Technology, Electronics Engineering or any other ICT related disciplines with a bias in computer science from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrated competence and merit in work performance;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution for successful applicants.
Key Competencies, skills and attitudes
- Analytical skills;
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Project management skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Team player
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should fill and submit the Application for Employment Form KNEC 2A – (External applicants) and Application for Employment Form KNEC 2B – (Internal applicants), an application letter, accompanied by certified copies of academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of daytime telephone contact, e-mail address, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of three referees, on or before 21st November, 2023 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya National Examinations Council
New Mitihani House, South C
P.O Box 73598-00200
- The Council will only contact the shortlisted candidates and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification;
- Successful applicants offered employment will be required to submit clearance under Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya;
- KNEC Grade 2 and Grade 3 positions are on 5 year contract terms of service and renewal is subject to performance;
- KNEC is an Equal opportunity Employer and People Living with Disability, and female candidates are encouraged to apply.