KNEC is hiring a legal officer in its ongoing 2023 KNEC massive recruitment in Kenya. Interested candidates are requested to check the details below and apply before the deadline provided.
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Researching and obtaining information on case files
- Drafting correspondence with external advocates;
- Compiling schedule of legal risks;
- Compiling contract documentation for preparation and related documents within the Council;
- Assisting external counsel in handling cases filed against the Council and attending court hearings.
- Assisting in responding to correspondences and issues arising out of court matters;
- Assisting in preparation of contracts within the Council;
- Assisting in preparation of Council papers;
- Reviewing invoices issued by external lawyers.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- At least 4 years cumulative relevant work experience
- Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized Institution
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law;
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya;
- Valid and current Practicing Certificate from the Law Society of Kenya;
- Demonstrated merit and competence in work performance;
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution for successful applicants.
Key Competencies, skills and attitude
- Report and Minutes writing skills
- Communication skills;
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Team player.
How to Apply and Application Deadline
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should fill and submit the Application for Employment Form KNEC 2A – (External applicants) and Application for Employment Form KNEC 2B – (Internal applicants), an application letter, accompanied by certified copies of academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of daytime telephone contact, e-mail address, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of three referees, on or before 21st November, 2023 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya National Examinations Council
New Mitihani House, South C
P.O Box 73598-00200
- The Council will only contact the shortlisted candidates and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification;
- Successful applicants offered employment will be required to submit clearance under Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya;
- KNEC Grade 2 and Grade 3 positions are on 5 year contract terms of service and renewal is subject to performance;
- KNEC is an Equal opportunity Employer and People Living with Disability, and female candidates are encouraged to apply.