KNEC is hiring a Manuscripts officer with the following specifications and qualifications.
The duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Typesetting examination/assessment manuscripts allocated by Assistant Director, Manuscripts Services;
- Effecting changes or corrections on examination/assessment manuscripts marked by examination officers after proofreading;
- Maintaining a record of all work allocated and completed;
- Providing input in the preparation of divisional budgeted work plans;
- Formatting the examination/assessment manuscripts;
- Ensuring security and confidentiality of examination/assessment manuscripts.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Bachelors Degree in Education (Business Studies) from a recognized institution from a recognized university; OR
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant discipline and a Post Graduate Diploma in Education from a recognized university; OR
- Bachelors Degree in Business Studies (Secretarial Studies) from a recognized university;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution for successful applicants.
Key Competencies, skills, and attitudes
- Time management;
- Communication skills;
- Team player;
- Interpersonal skills;
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should fill and submit the Application for Employment Form KNEC 2A – (External applicants) and Application for Employment Form KNEC 2B – (Internal applicants), an application letter, accompanied by certified copies of academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of daytime telephone contact, e-mail address, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of three referees, on or before 21st November, 2023 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya National Examinations Council
New Mitihani House, South C
P.O Box 73598-00200
- The Council will only contact the shortlisted candidates and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification;
- Successful applicants offered employment will be required to submit clearance under Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya;
- KNEC Grade 2 and Grade 3 positions are on 5 year contract terms of service and renewal is subject to performance;
- KNEC is an Equal opportunity Employer and People Living with Disability, and female candidates are encouraged to apply.