The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is recruiting for various positions. They are currently looking for a SCM Officer. Interested candidates can check the details of the job and how to apply below.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Implementing measures to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in Stores Management;
- Carrying out annual and periodic stocktaking;
- Setting up accurate inventory control systems to maintain optimum stock levels;
- Maintaining inventory in good condition for continual usage;
- Advising and employing best storage methods;
- Maintaining and updating all inventory records;
- (Receipting of all inventory and raising inventory receipt documents;
- Ensuring safety, security and cleanliness in the warehouse;
- Assisting in preparation of disposal documents;
- Initiating documentation for payment of suppliers for services rendered;
- Maintaining a register of return stores and lists of items awaiting disposal.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management, Commerce, Business Administration (Supplies Management Option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; OR Bachelor’s degree plus a post Graduate Diploma in Supplies Management/Logistics and Procurement Management from a recognized institution;
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) of good standing;
- Demonstrated merit in work performance;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution for successful applicants.
Key Competencies, skills and attitudes
- Planning skills;
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Team player.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should fill and submit the Application for Employment Form KNEC 2A – (External applicants) and Application for Employment Form KNEC 2B – (Internal applicants), an application letter, accompanied by certified copies of academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of daytime telephone contact, e-mail address, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of three referees, on or before 21st November, 2023 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya National Examinations Council
New Mitihani House, South C
P.O Box 73598-00200
- The Council will only contact the shortlisted candidates and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification;
- Successful applicants offered employment will be required to submit clearance under Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya;
- KNEC Grade 2 and Grade 3 positions are on 5 year contract terms of service and renewal is subject to performance;
- KNEC is an Equal opportunity Employer and People Living with Disability, and female candidates are encouraged to apply.