Educators, school administrators and education ministers have been invited to participate in the Common Wealth Education Awards 2021.
On its twitter handle, TSC Kenya has encouraged its employees, the hardworking Kenyan teachers, to take advantage of the awards. It is time for teachers to showcase their expertise and commitment to teaching learning.
The Commonwealth Education Awards is one of the programmes of the Commonwealth Secretariat, which focuses on quality and diversity of learning systems and resources in 54 member countries of the Commonwealth. This is in line with the requirements, principles, and values of the Commonwealth Charter. The awards are also congruent with the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Commonwealth Education Awards 2021 is concerned with innovation and excellence in education. Thus, the Commonwealth Secretariat supports professionals in the education sector who show commitment and exceptional service in the education sector.
This year’s awards pay special attention to efforts and innovations that could help in disaster response amid the Corona Virus debacle.
The awards will also focus on the themes of the 2021 Commonwealth Conference of Education Ministers (21CCEM).
Objectives of the 2021 Commonwealth Awards
- To recognize and create awareness about innovative and inspiring best practices in education
- Reward, motivate and encourage stakeholders in the education sector
- To identify and reward outstanding achievements and practices of education professionals in the Commonwealth
- Create awareness about novel projects that could eliminate barriers to learning and education
- To promote an enabling environment where sustainable learning and education may occur.
Who is Eligible for the Awards?
- Any professional in the education sector who presents a project that can potentially improve achievements in primary and secondary schools.
- The individual should have demonstrated an extra effort to transform education systems for the benefit of learners and communities.
- The nominee should be a leader of a project within an educational or learning organization or institution.
- A school administrator or teacher
- A private or public educational organization in a member country of the Commonwealth may nominate a project
- An educational leader or teacher who has shown an impeccable level of leadership and achievement in education is also eligible.
Categories Covered by the Commonwealth Awards 2021
- Innovation in Education – especially daring ideas in educational technology
- Education for work – imparting relevant competencies and skills on learners
- Peace and Education – projects that promote humanistic values and prevention of violence and sustenance of peace
- Inclusion in education – projects that promote inclusive learning environments
- Sustainable education – innovative and sustainable programme in relation to the environment, society and humanity in general.
- Outstanding teacher of the year: Rewarding the most teacher or school leader in the Commonwealth
- Overview/brief description of the achievement or project
- Detailed description of limitations and challenges experienced in running the project, and the solutions devised to address those challenges
- Community participation – how you involved the community in the project
- Outcomes – the tangible evidence of improved performance or changed behavior; in terms of effects and measurable results.
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity in education, focusing on the learners’ development.
- Highlight the achievements of the project(s)
How to Apply for the Award
Applications should be submitted to the Commonwealth through its website. To participate, you need to submit your project online by registering here: Apply Today. The Commonwealth Secretariat will go through applications and select four finalists who will compete for the coveted Education Award. The 2021 awards will be held in Nairobi in March 2021.
Your submission should be received by the 30th of June, 2020.
We wish all applicants the best of luck in their submissions.