What is a TSC Appointment Letter?
TSC appointment letter is a document that is given to a newly hired teacher in Kenya. It formalizes the recruitment of a teacher and gives them full authority to teach and enjoy the benefits of TSC.
A TSC appointment letter in 2021 contains the following items:
- The effective date of the teacher’s appointment, or the commencement date for the teacher’s employment contract.
- The probation period of the teacher as determined by TSC, which is usually 6 months in Kenya.
- The teacher’s entry level
- The station where the teacher has been posted
- The salaries and allowances that the teacher is entitled as per their employment contract.
During the probation period, a teacher should apply to TSC for confirmation through the head teacher.
Where will I get my TSC appointment letter?
The appointment or employment letter is sent immediately after successful recruitment to the successful candidate through the school where they have been posted.
For how long does a teacher work in one station?
In their first TSC employment, teachers are required to work in their initial school for a period of at least five (5) years from the time they are confirmed. However, there are special circumstances under which a teacher can be transferred before the expiry of 5 years. They include medical and security issues.